Wednesday, January 8, 2014

When Life gives you Lemons....

Make lemonade. . . . and maybe add a shot of Jeremiah Weed sweet tea vodka ;) hehe

My solution to my previous post:  I decided I was going to make a baby size quilt with the longer panels from my scrappy bargello.  Here is a picture of the panels sewn together with a dark blue batik fabric:

I think it looks pretty good!

While I was sewing the borders on, I had an AHAHAHA moment!! I thought, why couldn't I add additional panels as border to this quilt to make it the size I want?? Why not indeed!!  Then I did some figuring as to measurements and as it turns out, if I add two panels to the bottom, two to the top and then add two to the sides - it comes out to the perfect size!!!!  Now, what is it going to look like at the corners... will it match up, and what will the pattern of the bargello do? . . . . They match! And I think it looks pretty good! Granted, this is just an idea of what it is going to look like but I really think this is going to work :) I am currently doing the happy dance and no longer feeling overwhelmed about the prospect of making almost an entirely new quilt!!


What do you think?  I'm going to sew more panels :)

Until next time, keep on quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :) Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Come back real soon!

If you left me a comment, I will be responding in kind either by email and/or by visiting your blog and commenting on your wonderful creation :)